The 2015 Central Okanagan Arts Awards are calling for nominations!
And who can nominate people? You can! You don’t have to be an expert, or have gone to an art school… it’s all up to you!
You can nominate someone in the community, who resides in the Central Okanagan, for awards in such disciplines as:
- Visual Arts (2D / 3D: drawing, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, installation, digital)
- Music (singing, songwriting, performance (in a group or individual), producer)
- Literary (prose, verse, fiction, non-fiction, analog / digital)
- Applied Arts (fashion, graphic design, pottery, jewelry, furniture, industrial design, tattoo design, makeup artistry, etc.)
- Time Based Media (video, film, animation, video games, interactive)
There are other awards, such as:
- the Emerging Artist Award
- the Art and Business Award
- the Community Impact Award
and many other categories!
Individuals may submit a maximum or one nomination per category.
Follow the link to the artsco website:
There are lots of rules and regulations so make sure you read them all!
Deadline for submissions is February 14th at 9PM PST!
This will be the 8th Annual Okanagan Arts Awards and Gala Evening, which will take place on Saturday April 9th and the Laurel Packing House in downtown Kelowna.