No push ups, no obstacle course, just pure awesomeness. Want to find out more about your career in digital arts and entertainment? This multi-day, jam-packed adventure is a combination of education and hands-on experience for those in grade 10,11, and 12 with a passion for the digital arts. Students will take part in a designated Bootcamp mission that will allow students to test-drive the digital arts program of their choice. Bootcamp is truly a not-to-be missed hands-on learning experience that could lead to your dream career.
We are pleased to announce that registrations for Bootcamp 2018 are officially open! We are also happy to announce that we are now offering TWO Bootcamp Locations - Kelowna B.C. and Surrey B.C. Please ensure you are using the correct registration form from the links below:
Register for Kelowna Bootcamp:
Register for Surrey Bootcamp:
Here is why you should attend:
1. You will work individually, or as a team, to create a portfolio piece with other students who share your passion and interests.
2. You will experience education that is an essential part of career planning for professions in the digital arts and entertainment industry.
3. You will increase your employability skills by experiencing an industry-like setting working with professionals, staff, and other students.
4. You will learn about industry standards that include software, equipment, and best practices.
5. You might be eligible to use the hours gained from attending Bootcamp towards your high school work experience hours. Subject to your high school's requirements, check with your guidance counsellor today!
Here is why you should not attend:
1. You are not in grade 10,11, or 12.
2. You were recently involved in a laboratory experiment, giving you superhuman powers and your new destiny is to fight evil wherever it may lurk.
3. You are a vampire. Bootcamp takes place during the day which means you will either be sleeping or sparkling like a thousand diamonds. Both unacceptable.
4. You...are...ummm... There are no other reasons!