Awards season in in full swing in Hollywood, with the recent Golden Globes giving way to the now upcoming Oscars. The buzz seems to be that in some categories, we’re going to see Golden Globe winning films take home the Oscars, but that in others, we can expect to see very different results, which we’ve seen quite a bit in recent years.
Although The Artist took home three Golden Globes this year, The Descendents and Hugo are also said to be big contenders for Best Motion Picture at the Academy Awards in February. Some critics are even saying that Woody Allen’s Midnight In Paris might be up for the award.
Time to start planning those Oscar parties!
Golden Globe Winners in Film
- Best Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical
- Winner: Best Performance By An Actor In A Motion Picture – Comedy Or Musical (Jean Dujardin)
- Best Original Score – Motion Picture (Ludovic Bource)
- Best Motion Picture – Drama
- Best Performance By An Actor In A Motion Picture – Drama (George Clooney)
- Best Director – Motion Picture (Martin Scorsese)
Midnight in Paris
- Best Screenplay – Motion Picture (Woody Allen, Midnight in Paris)
The Iron Lady
- Winner of Best Performance By An Actress In A Motion Picture – Drama (Meryl Streep)
- Best Performance By An Actress In A Supporting Role In A Motion Picture (Octavia Spencer)
A Separation (Iran)
- Best Foreign Language Film
Best Animated Feature Film
- The Adventures of Tintin
My Week With Marilyn
- Best Performance By An Actress in A Motion Picture – Comedy Or Musical (Michelle Williams)
- Best Original Song – Motion Picture (“Masterpiece” – Music & Lyrics by: Madonna, Julie Frost, Jimmy Harry)
- Best Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role In A Motion Picture (Christopher Plummer)
Tags: digital filmmakingfilm awardsgolden globesoscar predictionsthe artist