Why work for us? We aspire to be a values-based company:
- Accountability – both personal and corporate. Every one of us is responsible for their actions and must hold others accountable for theirs as well.
- Communication – CAT believes in open communication. Not every question can be answered immediately, but it will be answered. We aspire to communicate as clearly, fully, and quickly as possible.
- Professionalism – we are all professional educators in some form or another, and we can each add value through sharing knowledge and expertise. We will listen to our students, but we will operate the colleges to our standards and meet or exceed the standards of the industries we serve.
- Personal and professional development – these are a fundamental part of the education we deliver. It is our objective to graduate individuals who will work effectively in industry and within society itself.
- Quality of life – we believe in hard work, but a balance between work and personal life is critical to personal success. This is an individual issue and changes over time, but it is essential that this balance is respected.
- Opportunities – everyone deserves an opportunity to reach for their goals, but not everyone will necessarily be successful, or even fit within our instructional or teaching environment.
- Change is constant – the world and business are constantly changing and evolving. CAT must keep current in order to remain healthy and relevant in the marketplace.
- You’re never too old to learn – CAT believes in life-long learning opportunities for anyone who has the motivation and a dream.
- Have fun – we believe in humor and having fun at work.
- Respect – we believe in treating all people with respect and consideration.
The culture of a company can be described as its personality, the way people interact, the manner decisions are made, and its operating values and beliefs. Every person in our company contributes to and influences the culture.
The senior management team is committed to cultivating an environment that is inspiring, motivating and rewarding for staff and students.
Our team is committed to the following culture statements:
- We get intrinsic satisfaction in contributing to an educational environment that empowers our students and staff.
- We create a social environment that is caring, inclusive, supportive and non-bureaucratic.
- We seek out and are receptive to learning opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- We believe that social and interpersonal skills are just as important as technical knowledge. We are committed to developing our soft skills and modeling and teaching these skills to students and staff.
- We are results-driven. We set challenging, but realistic goals with well-planned execution and follow-through.
- We are individually and collectively accountable for upholding our values and delivering on our goals, being and holding each other accountable for our public agreements.
- We recognize individuals for their contributions and we celebrate our achievements.
- We support proactive and transparent communication by sharing information, soliciting input from others and considering different perspectives, and then making expectations clear to all stakeholders.
- We trust each other to address conflict in a respectful and fair manner.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply for a career at Centre for Arts and Technology now!