Kelowna is the largest city in British Columbia’s interior and its unique climate offers students a virtual four-season playground. With world-class ski resorts within a short drive for incredible skiing and snowboarding in the winter, to kilometers of beaches along Okanagan Lake for swimming, water skiing, and wakeboarding in the summer, there is no shortage of leisure activities.
The city boasts museums, art galleries, theatre productions, ballet, fine restaurants and shops, and an active nightlife. At the Kelowna campus, life is a nice balance of work and play! The Okanagan is also a premier wine valley with award-winning vineyards and is home to several seasonal events.
KELOWNA COMMUNITY LINKS
Want to know more about what’s going on in Kelowna? Looking for a place to live or the latest, greatest event to attend? Check out the Kelowna Community Links below to find out everything that’s going on in Kelowna and the Okanagan Valley.
- Awesome Okanagan – A local blog about culture, music, events, art, fashion and anything else rocking in the Okanagan
- Accelerate Okanagan – An association that supports entrepreneurs and technology companies in the Okanagan
- Castanet – Local community website, with a great classified section for rentals, furniture and more
- Welcome to Kelowna – Another great community website
- City of Kelowna – Official city website
- Kelowna Parks and Recreation – A great way to get involved and be active
- Tourism Kelowna – Discover Kelowna and the Okanagan Valley
- Kelowna Daily Courier | Kelowna Capital News – local Kelowna newspapers
- Kelowna Chamber of Commerce – Local business and community organization
- Downtown Kelowna – A guide to everything downtown
- Kelowna Events – What’s going on in the city
- Snap Okanagan – Okanagan events captured in photos
- Big White Ski Resort – One of Canada’s best winter playgrounds
- Kelowna Regional Transit – Bus schedules, routes, and fares to help you get around town