1. International Students

International Students

  1. International Students

Designated Learning Institution

Centre for Arts and Technology is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI). We are eligible to enroll International Students as per the requirements listed by the Government of Canada. An acceptance letter from a DLI is necessary for study permit application. For official information on DLIs, please visit the Government of Canada’s official website.

Centre for Arts and Technology DLI Number: O19283900882

Study in Canada

For detailed admission and program information for International Students, please email us at [email protected]

International Students interested in applying to programs at Centre for Arts and Technology can apply online via our online application form.

Admission requirements are similar to foreign student enrollment procedures at other Canadian schools, whether Universities, Colleges or Technical and Design Schools. The application process can take some time to go through so we recommend you apply at least four to six months in advance.

But why not let us help you study in Canada? Our professional Program Advisors are here to help guide our International students through the enrollment process.

Canadian Culture

Studying in Canada is a wonderful choice for International students and international student life at Centre for Arts and Technology will be an adventure of living, learning and making new friends.

When asked to describe Canadians, visitors often use the word welcoming, and find their hosts polite and friendly. Canada’s ethnic diversity supports a society that values social equality, and most Canadians pride themselves on being open-minded about different lifestyles and beliefs.

A bilingual nation, Canada’s long history of immigration and economic diversification encourages open honest communication, and international students will find it easy to make Canadian friends. Despite the country’s vast size, there is a genuine sense of community that exists from coast-to-coast.


International Students studying in Canada for six months or less do not require a Student Visa. For programs longer than six months, International students must obtain a Student Visa prior to entering Canada.

For Student Visa information contact a Canadian consulate or one of the following government offices:

Canada Customs & Revenue Agency
Public Enquiries Unit, Canada Customs
333 Dunsmuir Street
Vancouver, B.C. V6B 5R4
Tel: 1-604-666-0545

Citizenship & Immigration Canada
615 Prospect St. West 1st Floor
Fredericton, NB Canada E3B 7K5
Tel: 1-888-242-2100

Canada Customs & Revenue Agency
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1A 1J5

The International Student Visa application kit is available for download at Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

As an International student studying in Canada, you are eligible for certain customs benefits, including the temporary importation into Canada of your household and personal effects.

A number of conditions apply so before coming to Canada you should refer to the booklet Entering Canada to Study or to Work. This is available from the Canadian Consulate or Embassy in your country, or by contacting:

Travelers Division
Canada Customs and Revenue Agency
14th Floor Sir Richard Scott Building
Ottawa, ON Canada K1A 0L5

Medical Coverage

International students must have medical insurance coverage while studying in Canada. The Government of Canada does not pay for the medical costs of International students. Health coverage for International students varies between provinces. It is recommended that you make your own arrangements through private insurers before coming to Canada.

Recommended Insurance Provider – Studyinsured by Ingle International

Language Requirements

English is the language of instruction at Centre for Arts and Technology. International Students, regardless of country of origin or citizenship, are required to demonstrate competence in the English language as part of our admission requirements. Applicants who live in a country where English is not the language of majority or students whose primary language is not English are expected to submit test results within one of the following recognized testing-providers and may be asked to complete a telephone interview.

  • TOEFL score of 68 Internet-Based Testing (IBT)
  • TOEFL score of 190 Computer-Based (CBT)
  • TOEFL score of 520 Paper-Based (PBT)
  • TOEIC score of 700
  • Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE) Level B1
  • IELTS Band 6.0
  • Canadian Test of English for Scholars & Trainees (CanTest) Minimum 4.0 in each component
  • Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English Minimum C Grade
  • Pearson Test of English Minimum 58%
  • Canadian Language Benchmark Examination (CLB) Minimum score of 7
  • Duolingo score of 95-100 or greater

* Please note: If you have taken any other English Language Proficiency examination not listed above, please feel free to contact a Program Advisor.

* Also, results for most language tests, including TOEFL, IELTS and CanTest expire two years from the test date so you will need to confirm the validity of your test results by providing your exam date.


Centre for Arts and Technology is proud to offer tuition prices for international students that are among the most competitive for a fully accredited professional arts education in North America. Please contact a Program Advisor for up-to-date program and course details.

International students can make tuition payments via our online Flywire Portal. Paying by Flywire allows you to make tuition payments directly to Centre for Arts and Technology in the currency of your choice, track payments and avoid any bank fees.

Flywire Customer Support Information:



No matter your time zone, you will have a dedicated multilingual customer support team available to you via live chat, email and phone to answer any of your questions.

Working in Canada

Student Visas do not permit international students to work in Canada. A separate Work Visa is required. Contact the Canadian Consulate or Citizenship and Immigration Canada (in Vancouver 1-604-666-2171 or Toll Free 1-888-242-2100) for information. For information about working in Canada while you study please visit the following website: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work.asp.

Center for Arts and Technology cannot be responsible for material provided by external websites for the convenience of our readers.

I'm ready to take my next step.