9-month Veterinary Hospital Assistant Program
The Veterinary Hospital Assistant diploma program provides the hands-on training, practical experience and industry support it takes to become a qualified Veterinary Assistant. You’ll learn directly from experienced animal care professionals, in both a classroom and practical hands-on lab environment. Classes begin in both April and October, and usually, fill up far in advance.
- Surgical preparation
- Instrument identification
- Front office procedures
- Client care & communications
- Veterinary medical terminology
- Animal anatomy & physiology
- Knowledge of diet, parasite and vaccination procedures
- Personal and professional development
- Emergency procedures training
- An understanding of holistic pet care
- Pet insurance
- Animal behaviour & nutrition
- Business technology
- Pet first aid (additional 1-day course)
Available Online or On-campus!
- Animal Emergency Clinic
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Veterinary Hospital
- Boarding Kennel
- Animal Shelter
Graduates of the program become qualified “front-line” Veterinary Hospital Assistants and regularly find rewarding careers in a variety of animal care settings like Veterinary Hospitals • Animal Emergency and Critical Care Clinics • Boarding Kennels • Animal Non-Profit Organizations • Grooming Facilities.