Centre for Arts and Technology, a digital arts college with campuses in Halifax, NS, Fredericton, NB, and Kelowna, BC, is pleased to announce a call for entries for its Hometown Glory Bursary Contest. Entrants can choose from a number of different ways to creatively showcase what is unique about their hometown, for the chance at a $5000, $2000, or $1000 bursary to attend the school.
Contest participants may choose from 10 categories, each related to one or more programs at The Centre. These include:
- Photography (Digital Photography, Digital Fusion Filmmaking)
- Film (Digital Filmmaking, Digital Fusion Filmmaking)
- Fashion (Fashion Design & Merchandising)
- Interior Design (Interior Design)
- Animation (Animation for Game, Film & Digital Effects, 2D Animation & Digital Art)
- Audio (Audio Engineering & Production, Digital Music Production, Studio Production)
- Graphic Design (Graphic Design & Web Development, Graphic & Digital Design)
- Animals/Wildlife (Veterinary Hospital Assistant)
- Events (Event & Promotions Management)
- Security (Network Security Administrator/Specialist)
The contest is open to Canadian residents who are 17 years of age or older. Three rounds of voting will commence on August 1, with a public vote determining semi-finalists and finalists. The final vote will happen from August 22nd to August 31 to determine the 1st ($5000), 2nd ($2000), and 3rd ($1000) place bursary winners; winners will be announced on September 5, 2012.
The Centre for Arts and Technology – a division of The Education Company (TEC) – is a digital media based post-secondary institute with three campuses across Canada in Kelowna, Halifax, and Fredericton. The Centre’s certificate and diploma programs offer preparation for careers in Animation for Game, Film, & Visual Effects, Digital Filmmaking, Audio Engineering, Event & Promotions Management, Graphic Design & Web Development, Interior Design, Digital Fusion Filmmaking, Veterinary Hospital Assistant, Fashion Design & Merchandising, Digital Photography, Network Security, and other emerging entertainment industry and information technology careers.