The Voice of the Student
The Centre for Arts and Technology believes that students not only have a voice, but should be encouraged to share it. At our campus, there is a committee that is comprised of fantastic students that meet regularly to discuss student issues and opportunities. Meetings are held at least once a month where members of these committees bring forth ideas from their peers about how to improve the school, events and activities that contribute to student life and industry news. The meetings are attended by a member of Student Services to provide direction or feedback on the items discussed. SLC members take their roles very seriously and know that they are speaking on behalf of the entire student body.
This student leadership role provides a “voice of the student” in bringing forward and articulating concerns, issues and opinions from a student perspective and provide feedback regarding the College’s programs, facilities, support services, campus life, and overall general effectiveness. This dedicated group of students may also take on challenges throughout the year – planning and hosting events, attending networking events in the industry, or proposing changes to the daily routine of Centre students. Their voices are never quiet – and we thank them for it!
How To Join The Committee:
- Q1 students can attend meetings but not participate (not official members)
- Q2 and up students must have achieved at least 80% overall in their previous quarter
- Students must be in good financial standing
- Students must behave ethically in all their actions and deliberations
- Students must have approval from their Department Head
- Students must complete a 200-word statement of interest
See the Student Services department for more details on how to apply. At least four members (from at least different three programs) must be signed on for the SLC to run each quarter.