No push-ups, no obstacle course, just pure awesomeness. Want to find out more about your career in digital arts and entertainment? Our special Summer edition of Bootcamp is a multi-day, jam-packed adventure and is a combination of education, hands-on experience and fun for students with a passion for arts and technology. Open to grade 12 students or recent high school graduates. Students will take part in a designated Bootcamp mission to test-drive the digital arts program of their choice. Bootcamp is truly a not-to-be-missed learning experience that could lead to your dream career.
Registration cost is $225.00. Fee includes mission seat, mission materials and a Bootcamp survival kit! Please note, attendees are responsible for their own travel and accommodation. There are very limited seats available and will be given to the first 2 people to complete the form and pay the registration fee. Read through the mission options below or scroll down for the registration form to get started!
Giving life to something has never been so rewarding. Create the illusion through character animation! Based on the fundamental principles of animation, this intensive workshop will ground you in the creative and technical process of character animation. Working in a 2D drawing and 3D software platform, you will create the illusion of life through the animation of different objects and characters. Learn the process of a real animation production studio and open yourself up to a new and rewarding career. Outcomes include: a fundamental understanding of animation principles and animated processes in both 2D and 3D and a short demo reel showcasing all of your 2D and 3D animation!
The Perfect Photograph
Taking just the right photograph requires a highly trained eye. During this mission, learn how to prepare, capture and finish off the ideal picture. Teaching technical elements, design concepts, and computer-aided finesse, this workshop will turn you into a camera-wielding wonder! Mission outcomes include: a series of pictures to frame and hang at home, basic to intermediate camera skills, studio and outdoor lighting control, and model direction!
Make A Film
From creative beginning to script formation, to pre-production and post-production, you will play a key role in the creation of a short film. This introduction to digital filmmaking will test your teamwork, creativity and skills that will leave you with a 5-10 minute short, narrative film. Mission outcomes include: exposure to the planning process of filmmaking, basic film equipment skills and your short film masterpiece!
HERE IS WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND:
1. You will work individually, or as a team, to create a portfolio piece with other students who share your passion and interests.
2. You will experience an education that is an essential part of career planning for professions in the digital arts and entertainment industry.
3. You will increase your employability skills by experiencing an industry-like setting working with professionals, staff, and other students.
4. You will learn about industry standards that include software, equipment, and best practices.
5. You might be eligible to use the hours gained from attending Bootcamp towards your high school work experience hours. Subject to your high school’s requirements, check with your guidance counselor today!
READY TO JOIN THE FUN? REGISTER BELOW. LIMITED SEATS AVAILABLE